Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cuticle Softening Oil



If you live anywhere with harsh, dry weather, you may find your cuticles and the skin around your nails dry, peeling, cracking and splitting.  This is especially true in the winter or even in the summer if you tend to garden and have your hands in the dirt a lot.  I have blended a few oils together to come up with a cuticle softening oil which really seems to be working to keep the skin all the way around my nails nice and supple.


Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
2 tsp jajoba oil
8 drops tea tree essential oil
8 drops lavender essential oil

Directions:

Place in a glass bottle with a dropper.  Shake well before each use.  I can usually moisturize all of my fingers with about 5 drops of this oil.  A little bit goes a long ways!  I try to use it each night just before bed for maximum benefit.  It even worked on my daughter's persistent hangnails.  What a great little oil to help keep hands looking and feeling nice.

I hope that this cuticle softening oil will help heal your skin just as well as it did ours!



No comments:

Post a Comment